Life takes a hold of me sometimes, so I didn’t post this right away. But I’m doing it now!
Both Conan and I felt we were eating a lot of chicken lately, so fish was on the menu. I wanted tuna, but at $29.99/lb, I thought “No, I’m not made out of money at this moment, salmon will suffice.” And keeping in trend with saving money, I bought some seasonal produce, mainly a buttercup squash. The rest of the stuff I had in the fridge.
Salmon topped with tomato salsa
Tomatoes (I had both regular vine tomatoes and some cherry pear tomatoes)
Green onion (1 stalk)
Garlic (1 clove)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Wash and dry off salmon fillets
- Season with salt and pepper
- Bake until preferred doneness
- While salmon is cooking, dice up tomatoes and place in bowl
- Add salt and mix
- Chop up some green onion (I use the both the green and white parts, I’ve read some recipies where people only use the white – never understood why, makes no sense)
- Mince garlic
- Add to tomatoes
- Add in some olive oil and balsamic to liking
- Serve ontop of salmon
- Steam squash
- Scrape out flesh
- Add some butter, spices and mash
I also prepared some quinoa and Conan stir-fried some bean sprouts and celery.
Yeah I’m too lazy to write it all out! But come on!! It’s a stir-fry!! Like the easiest thing you can make – seriously!