food on film @ TIFFPosted: January 29, 2013
Beginning in February and running until June is the Food on Film series at TIFF. It brings together foodies and film buffs, as well as culinary experts together in one place. Every month TIFF will feature a guest that will do a talk and among them, David Chang of Momofuku fame.
It’s a subscription event, which means you’re going to have to shell out for a package of tickets which is $180 for those non-members and $153 for members. I read on The Grid that TIFF may release single tickets depending on availability. Definitely don’t count on seeing David Chang if you’re banking on single tickets…
Here is the schedule of events/talks:
- Wednesday, February 13 – Claire Stubbs on I Am Love
- Wednesday, March 13 – James Oseland on The Trip
- Wednesday, April 3 – David Chang on Eat Drink Man Woman
- Wednesday, April 24 – Aldo Sohm on Sideways
- Wednesday, May 15 – Anita Stewart on Food Inc.
- Wednesday, June 19 – Kent Kirshenbaum on El Bulli: Cooking in Progress