The Arnold PalmerPosted: August 19, 2011
I think I made reference to this drink in a post somewhere.
So basically the Arnold Palmer is a lemon iced tea, but I believe there is actually a branded drink by that name. Anyway, it’s half tea and half lemonade! Simple dimple.
- Brew some orange pekoe tea – make it strong and dark.
- Squeeze some lemon juice
- Put some sugar in a pot with some water for a simple syrup – heat until dissolved
- Mix simple syrup with lemon juice (I put the lemon zest in the heating simple syrup to infuse with more lemony flavour – just sayin’)
- Add to lemon combo to tea
- Dilute with some cold water – but not too much because…..
- Serve cold and finish diluting with some fizzy water AND (maybe) some alcohol ;)
The Arnold Palmer.